Below you will find the bylaws for United Campus Workers- Communications Workers of America Local 3865, written and adopted by membership. Bylaws changes are able to be proposed and voted on at our annual Statewide Convention in September.
CAMPUS WORKERS BILL OF RIGHTS
UCW believes that our universities, colleges, and higher education systems, like all our public services, should be bedrock democratic institutions in our communities. These institutions are threatened by an economic and political consensus that prioritizes profits before people, and by an agenda that would privatize all public services. This agenda sees workers as just another cost, and diplomas as just another commodity. This foundational document was written and adopted by membership in 2012.
- Find my legislator: Type in your address to find out who your elected State Representative and State Senator are.
- Jobs with Justice of East Tennessee: Jobs with Justice of East Tennessee is a coalition of faith-based and community-based organizations, labor unions, and individuals committed to social and economic justice for working people and their families in East Tennessee.
Communication Workers of America (UCW's National Union)
- Communications Workers of America: UCW's national union, representing 750,000 members.
- CWA Public, Healthcare, and Education Workers: UCW is part of CWA's Public, Healthcare, and Education Workers sector which is led by Vice President Brooks Sunkett.
- MASE-CWA: MASE-CWA (Mississippi Alliance of State Employees- Communications Workers of America) represents over 3000 public workers in Mississippi.
- TSEU/CWA: The Texas State Employees Union/ Communications Workers of America) is made up of over 13,000 Texas State Employees.
- Union Plus: Union Plus is a non-profit started by the AFL-CIO to provide benefits and savings for union members on AT&T, travel, entertainment, grants, and scholarships.